Wood Fired Spa & Pool Heater Installation
Installation for Thermosipon
- You should attempt to locate the unit with 5' of the hot tub or pool.
- A top port connection and bottom port conection needs to be made in the pool or hot tub. These should be at least 18" appart from each other.
- connect the Wood Fired Heater to the pool ports using 1 1/2" high temperature piping or flex hose. Note: regular PVC pool pipe will get very soft under normal operating temperatures and should not be used.
Connection kit for Thermosipon
With a Pump
Installation with a Pump
- A by pass valve should be created to ensured proper servicing.
- ensure that flow is on the suction side of the pool pump to minimize presssure
- Never exceed 10 psi
- Pump must be on at all times when the wood water stove is in operation
- Use HPVC pipe (high temp rated) at or near the wood water stove
Connection kit for Forced Circulation